Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Same Sweet Girls

I'm stretching the two-sentence limit to four today, but this excerpt from The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King was just too good to abbreviate! Let me know if you agree.

"I think I've figured it out. Long as I can remember, I've been addicted to junk food, stuff like potato chips and soft drinks and candy bars. It's caused me problems all my life, cavities and stomachaches and acne, not to mention a big ass that I have to jog every day to keep under control. It's taken me a long time to see the connection, but here it is: The way I'm drawn to junk food is the same way I can't resist a man who's no good for me." (page 168)


Don't you just love that?


Synopsis of The Same Sweet Girls from Cassandra King's website:

     None of the Same Sweet Girls are really girls anymore and none of them have actually ever been sweet. But this spirited group of Southern women, who have been holding biannual reunions ever since they were together in college, are nothing short of compelling.
     There’s Julia Stovall, the First Lady of Alabama, who despite her public veneer, is a down-to-earth gal who only wants to know who her husband is sneaking out with late at night. There’s Lanier Sanders, whose husband won custody of their children after he found out about her fling with a colleague. Then there’s Astor Deveaux, a former Broadway showgirl who simply can’t keep her flirtations in check. And Corrine Cooper, whose incredible story comes to light as the novel unfolds.

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others.)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
To find more Teasers, click here: Teasers


25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a serious revelation^^

    Thanks for stopping by
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that teaser caught me rather unprepared for the neat (and also nasty) little twist at the end. I'm glad you didn't abbreviate it. (You already saw on my blog that I strayed a sentence past the normal limit.)

    Malcolm

    http://sunsinger.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-history-of-my-body.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about self destructive! But yeah, it's a great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate to that! lol

    Thanks for sharing, and I'm adding this one to my list. Glad you could visit my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great teaser! I can tell already that I'd love the writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser and oh so true. Sounds like a fun story to read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! My teaser comes from a collection of poetry and short stories by L.M. Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a fun book. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by.

    My FF

    Ning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! Great teaser and great analogy to fatty food and men. :)

    Here's my teaser: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-x2-spur-of-moment-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I love it. Thanks for stopping by my TT also. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so great and sometimes so true, especially the junk food. Thanks for visiting. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a really great teaser, sounds like many people i know haha. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the Tuesday chuckle, I can totally relate. Will have to add this one to my wishlist, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome teaser! Sounds like a funny book! haha.

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    -RJ
    RJ Does Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny teaser and very apt ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny teaser! This sounds very similar to the Sweet Potato Queen books I've read.
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A big THANK YOU to everyone who posted comments on Teaser Tuesday. The Same Sweet Girls was a fun book. In fact, I've read it twice! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great teaser and sure accurate. They are like an instant fix then problems guaranteed down the road. Thanks for checking out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that teaser. Three sentences enough to interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can so relate to this teaser. LOL Great choice...adding it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us משרדי ליווי הרצליה

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.