Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MAY YOU STAY FOREVER YOUNG




As I sat watching the boob tube this evening, a song I heard kept repeating over and over in my mind - "May you stay forever young." When you ponder that statement for a while, it soon becomes evident to a Baby Boomer like me that perhaps that isn't such a good idea in all aspects of life. For example,

it's super to stay young at heart, but it's not such a great idea to stay the same in the way you looked when you were young. To prove my point, I went hunting for some old photographs of Sandy and me when we were young. Don't you just love our bird legs?


As I was perusing the photos that I found, one that also caught my eye was of us with our hair wrapped around those large brush rollers that I wrote about in an earlier post. I think we were decorating the car for a football game in the photo at the top of this blog entry. Wow! Were we glamorous or what? I think these pictures might convince you that it is sometimes better to age.

~ Miss Pickles (alias Sandra)

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a blog! I read your book and loved it! When is the next one? And boy do I remember those brush rollers! I don't know how I ever slept in those. Remember rolling hair on juice cans? Ironing your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! These are great! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.