Sunday, June 26, 2011

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY - June 26


This week we're continuing with our character June from I.O.U. SEX, the novel where three women search for their high school boyfriends. This week, June is recalling the scene where she broke it off with her overbearing ex-husband. 

  With each step June took away from Stan, she felt stronger.
            Asshole, creep, SOB.
            All the names she’d called Stan in her head over the years surfaced and raced across her brain, like a thesaurus of profanity. She pulled her suitcase from the closet and slammed it onto the bed. When she turned, Stan stood blocking the doorway with his arms over his chest.
            Narcissist, douche bag, prick.


6 Sentence Sunday is the creation of Sara Brookes. To read contributions from other writers or to join in the fun, click on this link: Six Sentence Sunday


As of June 11, I.O.U. SEX is available in paperback from CreateSpace, as well as in eBook format from AmazonBarnes & Noble, Smashwords , etc. See the "Buy I.O.U. Sex" tab above for details.



22 comments:

  1. Thesaurus of profanity! Ha! Fun quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd better watch out! She's plenty pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow her thesaurus of profanity sometime? Great snippet. I can feel the anger rolling off her in waves. Excellent six.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad she's leaving, but Stans sure get a bad rap in literature and pop culture (my wonderful hubby's a Stanley!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Clover, The thesaurus of profanity, I love it. I have used it myself. Thank you for a great six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thesaurus of profanity - excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - love your thesaurus of profanity!

    Your excerpts always crack me up. Great job once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved thesaurus of profanity. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm with everyone else. Great thesaurus of profanity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic snippet. I bet she wishes she could say those names outloud, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a Profanisaurus! I liked douche bag :) Very good - I felt her anger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to borrow her 'thesaurus of profanity' - it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betting she hasn't run out of words yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great names for an ex-husband. If you need anymore let me know, I've got three exs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little scared for June with Stan standing in the doorway, but it looks as if she escapes to find someone worthy of her. Congrats on the recent release!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thinking that she'll feel better when she says the words out loud. It works for me. :) Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man a profanity thesaurus! i could give you a few entries for that one!
    nice work.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. HA! Totally have been there, myself! She has some good names in her repetoire! Some I've forgotten! LOL. Great show of her angst! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ouch. Makes me wonder what he did to be deserving of the names she's calling him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad everyone enjoyed June's profane vocabulary. Actually, the ones I posted are only a few of the many she used in that scene. It was fun coming up with all the things she could call Shithead Stan! ~ Sandy Ruth

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.