Thursday, October 27, 2011

BAH-HUMBUG & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!








Happy Halloween 2011! I live in a little town in far North Texas, population 1,579. There are a few "neighborhoods"--I live in one of them--and everyone else lives out in the country or near the lake. Therefore, all the children from our town and others nearby just LOVE to come "trick-or-treating" on my street. It's a real zoo around here on October 31st! But most of my neighbors have risen to the challenge and decorated their homes and yards for the occasion, as you can see from the photos above.


For several years now I have shopped at Sam's for some really good Halloween treats to give out, not those tiny candy bars, but full size ones. Needless to say, my house was a popular stop for all those kiddies. However, the year before last I gave out almost 200 treats before I ran out and had to turn the lights off!


Therefore, last year my husband and I decided to take a Halloween "holiday". We turned out every light inside and outside the house and buttoned down the hatches. Then we left just before dark and drove to a nearby city to have a nice, leisurely dinner. After that we went to Target and strolled the isles in virtual isolation--the place had almost no customers! I guess we were being a bit "Scrooge-like", but we enjoyed the experience so much we've decided to give a repeat performance again this year. "Bah-humbug & Happy Halloween" everyone!

~ Miss Pickles (alias Sandra)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.