Thursday, February 17, 2011

LOST IN TRANSLATION?

This is beyond weird. Our book is a romance whose main characters are Baby Boomers. That term is used in the book's synopsis and as a tag on Amazon. But when I checked the Amazon page recently, the book was ranked in the "Babies-Age 3" category! What??? How could that be? I checked that listing online and, sure enough, there was our cover—right ahead of OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM!! I couldn't believe it.

I try to keep a sense of humor about these sorts of things, but I can tell you that I.O.U. SEX sure looked out of place among all those kiddie books.

Then I had an AHA moment. If Amazon outsourced some of their work to foreign countries, could “Baby Boomers" somehow have been translated to “babies”? Or maybe some bleary-eyed Amazon programmer had skimmed our category listings and punched the wrong key. I immediately emailed and asked Amazon to remove the book from that listing, which they did.

But here's the really strange thing. For a time our book ranked #17 in sales in that age group.

Hmmmm. Maybe mommies are reading it?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's funny! Of course that title may work just fine for new parents who have to put off the sex for a few years until they get their energy back!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.