Thursday, February 24, 2011

SEXY BANK ACCOUNT?

I went to my bank recently to set up a new account. The woman behind the desk was chatty, asking me about myself, giving me that “hometown bank” experience you see in TV ads. So I told her the plot of the book written by me and my friend. She confessed to being an avid reader of romances and asked the book’s name.

“I.O.U. Sex,” I replied.

She burst out laughing, grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote the book’s title on it in bold letters. When she reached to put the note in her purse, it fell to the floor.

I laughed and said, “You might want to be careful with that. No telling what someone might think if they found your note and read it.”

Her cheeks turned red and she slipped the note into her pocket. I wonder what her husband or boyfriend would say if he found it? Next time I go to the bank, maybe I'll gather up enough courage to find out if that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.