Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AND THE HEAT GOES ON

And the heat here in Texas goes on.....and on.....and on! Can you believe this number? I took this photo today, but I could have taken it for the past 30+ days. You see, Mother Nature has been playing havoc with her heat surprises here in North Texas for the past month. I can assure you that although this sign said +108 degrees F., the heat index was much, much higher. And remember, if you have an outside temperature of +108 degrees, then the temperature inside a car is about +140 degrees or more. Yikes!

This all started here in the Lone Star State back near the end of June/early July when I flew to visit my friend and co-author, Sandy, who lives in Washington State. We were about to do our first "book signing". Hooray!

When I left Dallas Love Field to fly the friendly skies, it was 103 in the shade in Dallas. But while I was in the Pacific Northwest, it was cool and wonderful, and I completely forgot about the heat back home. Only once while I was there did the temperature reach eighty degrees, and those folks up there actually thought that was hot. Little did they know what "hot" really meant.

When I flew out of Seattle to head back home, the early morning temperature was a lovely 51 degrees, and I was wearing a jacket. However, when I got back to my old stomping grounds, the jacket went back into my closet, and it may never see the light of day again. I fully expect these +100 degree temps to be around for a l-o-n-g time to come. After all, it isn't even August yet!

~ Miss Pickles (alias Sandra) who is melting as the heat goes on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.